Ketarin forum

Google Chrome new issue

LittlBUGer

Hello,

I've been using Ketarin for a while now with very little issues, mainly just the FileHippo major web design change debacle and whatnot. But I found out another thing today. FileHippo is now starting, more and more, to just link to the author's website instead of having the full or offline download on their servers. The perfect example is now Google Chrome.

At first I noticed that LibreOffice was having problems since they changed their download page links and whatnot. Then I saw Picasa from FileHippo was just being redirected to Google's Picasa page, so I fixed that since Google offers a direct link. But, unfortunately, Chrome is not so easy as there's no easy-to-find direct download link. All the links that are available force a pop-up which, as far as I know, won't work with Ketarin. Sure, there are technically direct links, such as "http://dl.google.com/chrome/win/29FF34C950B88A57/26.0.1410.43_chrome_installer.exe" (an older install) but where do you go to find the latest stable release via such link?

Does anyone know how to fix this or is Chrome now just inoperable in Ketarin? Or maybe my skills aren't good enough to figure it out? Please, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Google Chrome:

------------------

As you can read here and here, that's the link to the latest version of the "standalone" chrome (link never changed since February 7, 2013). Same way for the business edition (replace ChromeSetup.exe with ChromeStandaloneSetup.exe).

LibreOffice:

------------------

Version check:

versiongxsje.png

Link to download page:

downloadl3sn7.png

Download url:

urlmbska.png

For LibreOffice en-US HelpPack:

------------------

Version check:

version-helppackhxslv.png