Ketarin forum

Ketarin 1.7.0 b2

floele

I'm really interested in this type of software. I noticed that you can't be sent a personal message, are you at all interested in getting help to make this software better? If you are interested send me an email at hellator@gmail.com.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am talking about making the program more accessible to individuals who aren't tech savvy. There is a lot of room for improvement though, as the program itself isn't that good at installing programs, it is better at taking files and extracting them. At-least in my experiences, but I didn't use it on much aside from a few Filehippo IDs.

I've developed a fair few templates with some basic batch points to automate installation from archives, binaries that can be uniextracted, standalone exe's, MSI admin stuff.

Basically tried to automate as much as possible. It is all logic that could easily be implemented into Ketarin's base.

• 1 month later...

I really appreciate this tool - it is indispensable to me!  I never use it to actually install anything, however - that is IMHO far too much trust to put into any utility.  I use it to keep my app installs folder up to date with the latest versions of any of several dozen apps I install on every system I use personally and every system I configure for friends, etc.

If there were a problem finding time to make the program better and fix existing issues, I would request that the installation portion of the program be removed or cut back - purely focusing on the downloading updates side would benefit me more.

I really don't know what the portion of your userbase that values the installation side would be - are there any numbers?  A poll, perhaps?