Ketarin forum

Ketarin 1.7.0 b2

floele

Please don't keep editing, make new posts instead. Otherwise it's impossible to track what and in which topic you are doing things. Don't like searching old topics a lot.

So what is the purpose of this change?

Sorry, i'll make new posts instead ;)

The purpose was to speed up the FileHippo non-beta detection process.

Ketarin calls the FileHippoGetAllVersions method 3 times for each FileHippo application, if the Avoid Beta option is set.

This means searching through the application version history pages 3 times and find the non-beta page 3 times.

With this change Ketarin only scans the history pages on the 1st call, and then use the already found non-beta page for the 2nd and 3rd calls.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx a lot for all of your efforts kazso, ireally appreciate. ;)

I also have a problem: when try to update cdex from filehippo, every times ketarin (your last beta kazso) download it again and again, is it normal?

Ketarin shouldn't download it again. I'll add cdex to my list and check it.

Found the problem already. CDex 1.51 (which is the only non-beta version) has no MD5 hash listed on the Techincal page (http://filehippo.com/download_cdex/tech/403/). Without this Ketarin will always download the application, unless you set a variable as indicator for changes, for example version. If you don't set anything, then Ketarin will always look for the MD5 hash as indicator.

Ketarin shouldn't download it again. I'll add cdex to my list and check it.

Found the problem already. CDex 1.51 (which is the only non-beta version) has no MD5 hash listed on the Techincal page (http://filehippo.com/download_cdex/tech/403/). Without this Ketarin will always download the application, unless you set a variable as indicator for changes, for example version. If you don't set anything, then Ketarin will always look for the MD5 hash as indicator.

Thx kazso, i've reported the problem to filehippo, with the right checksum for the file, wish they could fix this soon on their site ;)

Aww sorry I can't accept this code :-p

I have very limited love for static stuff already, but you are going a step too far here with your weird array ;)

Would you mind using a Dictionary<string, string> for that purpose? That is way more readable and reliable. Thx.

Aww sorry I can't accept this code :-p

I have very limited love for static stuff already, but you are going a step too far here with your weird array ;)

Would you mind using a Dictionary<string, string> for that purpose? That is way more readable and reliable. Thx.

Sure, i'll replace the array with the Dictionary :)

@paulderdash

I've been using the update that kazso put out and it works great. Hope something similar is built into the official release.  :-)

So far I have included all (acceptable ;) ) code in the beta version though so you don't need to resort to unofficial versions.

Here is the new exe: http://drivehq.com/file/DFPublishFile.aspx/FileID1733632306/Key9qhpprhyrnpe/Ketarin-170b2-u5.zip

And the new source (revision 461): http://drivehq.com/file/DFPublishFile.aspx/FileID1733632305/Keyyw6hasdge4g9/ketarin-rev461-changes2.zip

This is basically the same as u4, just replaced the array with the dictionary.

You are my hero kazso! without you I doubt that we would find a quick solution to the new filehippo layout. Thx a lot again ;)

• 1 month later...

Hello again,

I'm still hoping to compile Ketarin for Linux. After all this activity to fix what FileHippo did to us, is there now an official source release that I could get, please, eithier by ordinary download or by SVN or by GIT?

Thanks, Jim

• 3 weeks later...

BTW in regard to the current release status: An addon for this forum that allows to view and moderate uploaded applications is currently WIP and should be available soon. When Ketarin is adjusted for the new system, I'll release a final 1.7 version.

The download should save the file as either the appname.xml or as the guid.xml, not "app.xml". Otherwise downloading more than one thru the interactive interface is going to create problems for the user.

Needs to be a little more careful with the variable population, too, as there are variable inserts appearing in some of the values. Such as here:

http://www.devfuse.com/appsipb/index.php?/apps/6003-surffind/

Ideally, it would populate with the last known good value when published.

It should also display the reliability rating & category in the front-end of the apps list, so users know which ones are unreliable and what exactly something is. This goes for search results, too. Having the contributor in the search results would be nice, too.

I also gotta say I was really hoping to be able to see the XML inline in the app profile page. That's not really necessary, but it would enable us to use external search engines to find app profiles when the system forbids our search term because it's too short, for example.

As a security measure, does the system prevent re-upload of a previous profile with the same guid if it's been deleted?

Also happy to see that you have to be a member to vote and that each user can only have one counted vote towards an app profile. Good stuff. :)

Needs to be a little more careful with the variable population, too, as there are variable inserts appearing in some of the values. Such as here:

http://www.devfuse.com/appsipb/index.php?/apps/6003-surffind/

Ideally, it would populate with the last known good value when published.

On this one - if using the 'last known good' value instead of the variable-composed version, it would be nice if there were some cosmetic indicator of variable-population. Perhaps the text appears in another color or something?

The app is now activated here (see "applications" tab). Just let me know about your suggestions. They all still show "no category" because the database contents need to be adjused, will do that later.

As mods, you should have rights to delete existing apps. Feel free to play around with it. This is not the original Ketarin database at the time.