Ketarin forum

Updates using filehippo id

Guest paulderdash

I still have 2 problems using patched version: it's 7zip_32 and 7zip_64

I'm trying to get stable, so "Avoid beta" is checked.

Each time Log show it's "MD5 does not match" and download same file again. But if i check MD5 manually - checksums are fine.

Yeah, that doesn't work. I checked 1.6.1 rc1, 1.7.0 b1 and the latest version on the repository. All have the same problem with MD5 checking.

I found the part in the source code, that checks for MD5, but didn't figure out yet why it doesn't work.

Basically the problem is, that the MD5 Checksum is listed on the Technical page, but Ketarin loads the Description page. And because of this Ketarin can't read the MD5 and in the end it tries to compare 0 (zero) with the MD5 of the already downloaded file. And ofcourse it will never match.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

FileHippo changed the site again. This time they changed the MD5 hash formatting, which means that Ketarin must be adjusted again.

In ExternalServices.cs this line must be changed:

Regex validMd5 = new Regex(">([0-9a-f]{32})<", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);

to

Regex validMd5 = new Regex("(?si)md5.+?([0-9a-f]{32})", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);

I added this fix to the source of revision 464 and compiled Ketarin. Here is the fixed exe file, until floele posts an official version :)

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that something has changed again regarding filehippo, today o tried to download new updates and i get this error.

LibreOffice (@FileHippo)	The operation has timed out (http://www.filehippo.com/download/file/34040ec736b71b24714a280fd8b6e95f47613a507fd3b813e3a5f4d002d65dd5)

This is only an example , i have the same error on almost every program using filehippo id.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest GiacomoGo

FileHippo changed the site again. This time they changed the MD5 hash formatting, which means that Ketarin must be adjusted again.

In ExternalServices.cs this line must be changed:

Regex validMd5 = new Regex(">([0-9a-f]{32})<", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);

to

Regex validMd5 = new Regex("(?si)md5.+?([0-9a-f]{32})", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);

I added this fix to the source of revision 464 and compiled Ketarin. Here is the fixed exe file, until floele posts an official version :)

Ketarin is great when FileHippo is stable.

Any chance that this little regex could reside outside the binary, e.g., in the config?

Then we can simply update that regex as needed (or Ketarin could include this check in as an update?)

Would be beautiful to not have to check this thread every time filehippos start updating unnecessarily.

Nonetheless -- MANY THANKS to all who develop and keep this going!

Wonderful gift to windows users.