Ketarin forum

Updates using filehippo id

Guest paulderdash

Guest paulderdash

Ketarin is finding updates for all downloads using the filehippo id, even if they are old i.e. have not been updated.

Am I the only one having this problem? There is no problem with downloads directly from an author's site.

Presumably it is a date issue on the file hippo website but I don't have this problem when running their Update Checker ...

Guest paulderdash

I don't see how to attach an .xml file but here is a sample:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Jobs>
  <ApplicationJob xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" Guid="0cdc7c72-1da7-432b-b08e-64e30a942bac">
    <WebsiteUrl />
    <UserAgent />
    <UserNotes />
    <LastFileSize>4095448</LastFileSize>
    <LastFileDate>2014-01-03T09:22:23.5379147</LastFileDate>
    <IgnoreFileInformation>false</IgnoreFileInformation>
    <DownloadBeta>Avoid</DownloadBeta>
    <DownloadDate xsi:nil="true" />
    <CheckForUpdatesOnly>false</CheckForUpdatesOnly>
    <VariableChangeIndicator />
    <CanBeShared>true</CanBeShared>
    <ShareApplication>false</ShareApplication>
    <ExclusiveDownload>false</ExclusiveDownload>
    <HttpReferer />
    <SetupInstructions />
    <Variables />
    <ExecuteCommand />
    <ExecutePreCommand />
    <ExecuteCommandType>Batch</ExecuteCommandType>
    <ExecutePreCommandType>Batch</ExecutePreCommandType>
    <Category />
    <SourceType>FileHippo</SourceType>
    <PreviousLocation>C:\Users\Paul\My Applications\Brightfort\SpywareBlaster\spywareblastersetup50.exe</PreviousLocation>
    <DeletePreviousFile>true</DeletePreviousFile>
    <Enabled>true</Enabled>
    <FileHippoId>spywareblaster</FileHippoId>
    <LastUpdated>2014-01-03T09:22:23.5379147</LastUpdated>
    <TargetPath>C:\Users\Paul\My Applications\Brightfort\SpywareBlaster\</TargetPath>
    <FixedDownloadUrl />
    <Name>SpywareBlaster</Name>
  </ApplicationJob>
</Jobs>

I have noticed this as well. First I saw FileHippo's new design, which I greatly dislike compared to their old design. The next day I tried to update my packages (almost 100 of them) and most had updates which I thought was strange. That's when I knew it was something with FileHippo.

I hope there is an update sometime soon for this, or some sort of workaround, as I'd hate to have to redo most of my packages to use other sites.

Thanks for your hard work and any updates.  :-)

I have noticed this as well. First I saw FileHippo's new design, which I greatly dislike compared to their old design. The next day I tried to update my packages (almost 100 of them) and most had updates which I thought was strange. That's when I knew it was something with FileHippo.

I hope there is an update sometime soon for this, or some sort of workaround, as I'd hate to have to redo most of my packages to use other sites.

Thanks for your hard work and any updates.  :-)

Also i wish in a rapid fix or a workaround. Thx

This workaround is the same as creating a custom {url} and {version} if you wanted to download it directly from the creator's website. You are just using FileHippo's instead. Though that's nice, it doesn't save any time in having to redo all of the packages that use FileHippo. An update to Ketarin or a better workaround would be best, or at least easier and less time-consuming.

Thanks for the tip though.  :-)

This workaround is the same as creating a custom {url} and {version} if you wanted to download it directly from the creator's website. You are just using FileHippo's instead. Though that's nice, it doesn't save any time in having to redo all of the packages that use FileHippo. An update to Ketarin or a better workaround would be best, or at least easier and less time-consuming.

Thanks for the tip though.  :-)

+1

My current workaround for filehippo downloads:

1. Add a new variable called version

2. Select Regular Expression

3. Use the filehippo download url as the Content URL. For example http://www.filehippo.com/download_jre_32 for Java 32-bit

4. Use this regular expression: (?-s)title.+?\s([\d\.]+.+)\s-

And where and how to use this "version" string?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15684099/ketset.png

Also i wish in a rapid fix or a workaround. Thx

Here is my rapid "dirty" fix: http://drivehq.com/file/DFPublishFile.aspx/FileID1710652150/Keyp61h5pwiptuq/Ketarin-avoid-beta-working.zip

This is only the exe file for Ketarin 1.6.1 RC1 (https://ketarin.org/forum/topic/696-ketarin-161-rc1)

Basically i changed the FileHippo regex query with a hex editor :)

I tried to compile the source to make a "proper" fix, but that didn't work with my VS2008 :unsure:

This is the original regex for FileHippo version: ((?<=\>Title:\<.*?\s)(?:\(?\d+?\.\d+?.*?)(?=\</td\>)|(?:[a-z]+?\s\d{1,2},\s\d{4}))

And this is my "dirty" regex (had to match the length of the original query): ((?<=\<title\>..*?\s)(?:\(?\d+?\.\d+?.*?)(?=\s-\sTe)|(?:[a-z]+?\s\d{1,2},\s\d{4}))

And the "proper" regex would be something like this: (?s)((?<=\>Title:\<.*?\s)(?:\(?\d+?\.\d+?.*?)(?=\</span\>)|(?:[a-z]+?\s\d{1,2},\s\d{4}))

This regex query can be found in the ExternalServices.cs file in the source code.

Ketarin loads the Technical tab to search for the version (http://www.filehippo.com/download_7-zip_64/tech/).

In the previous FileHippo page layout all the technical info was in a single line and used tables (<td> </td>). In the current page layout all info is in seperate lines without tables (<span> </span>).

Edit: I looked further into the source code to make it work with the 'avoid beta' option. Ketarin looks for filehippo.com/img/beta.gif on the page to determine if it's a beta version or not. Ofcourse with the new page layout FileHippo marks beta versions differently. Now it's marked with <span class="beta-text">BETA</span>. I managed to replace the original search string with ss="beta-text">BETA</span> (again, had to match the original string length). With this and the previous fix Ketarin works as intended. I uploaded the new file, which includes both fixes (or more like hacks :) ).

Edited by kazso