Ketarin forum

Export all is broken, export selected works fine

Guest Scruball

Guest Scruball

Did some of you ever come up to the following problem. I have an extensive though not huge list of apps. After i add some additional apps to the list when I "export all" the newly added apps are missing from the .xml. When I select all the apps and "export selected" the .xml has the new apps. Does anbody have a clue what might brake this? This happened on 3 different PCs the same way.

Guest Scruball

Upon further in depth examination of the .xml I found a lot of mess and garbage plaguing app definitions. At this point I'm cleaning up the .xml by hand and when I'm done I'll report if it had a positive effect.

Guest Scruball

Cleaning up did not help. Still "export all" does not export all apps. Even worse. I tryied a clean database and list from scratch with both 1.6.0.434 and 1.6.1-RC and with 20+ apps on the list "export all" would produce a file with 6 apps only. Selecting all and exporting selected would work fine. And since the .xml is pristine and clean - at this point I would gues this is about something outside the Ketarin itself or atleast a combination of several factors. Bu what?

It's not as simple as "it can only be x" - there's a lot of potential issues. It could be a corrupted jobs.db, or a failing hard drive, bad ram, malware, or you might be using an old/buggy version of Ketarin - or it could be an incompatible OS language or a "broken" app file.

To repair the jobs.db file: You might also want to try a vacuum on the database with SQLite directly: sqlite3 jobs.db "VACUUM;"

http://www.sqlite.org/download.html

To test the drive: install SmartMonTools, then in an elevated cmd prompt run: smartctl -a sda

Big numbers are bad. :)

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/smartmontools/wiki

To test the ram: download memtest86+, burn the ISO to cd and boot with it. Let it run at least 2 complete passes. You'll know if there are errors.

http://www.memtest.org/

Malware is way beyond the scope of this forum.

The language thing has hit a couple users. If you're not using an English-based OS or app xml files then it's possible that copy & pasting or importing the app data has corrupted the jobs.db. This can also happen if you're using an English or UTF-capable OS but the app xml file was saved as only 8-bit or simple ASCII and it had hi-bit characters in it (which can happen if it was copy & pasted from the forum, for example). Unfortunately, there's really no way to fix this cleanly. You'll need to track down exactly which app file is causing you problems and fix it yourself. It's also a good idea to use a text editor (like Notepad++) that behaves well with UTF-8 to ensure that this kind of thing doesn't happen.