Ketarin forum

Ketarin 1.0.8 (beta)

floele

however, if Flo would allow this feature to support 'textual content' as I have suggested above, you would only have to globally edit your exported xml within NotePad2, etc. to include a {homepage} variable with the textual content and maybe {version:url} or something similar if Flo can work with that.

And that additional variable would go into position #1? If you are using variable #1 url as referer job will be broken (can't quantify this exactly), if you add it to the end you have to remember how many variables you have in each job. I don't know this and I have only 200 apps, but if there's no alternative...

I currently see no other way to implement that.

I assume the following was - or is - not possible. No additional variables are needed and it works out of the box.

It could work like the CIV field: if you insert a variable (any variable with a valid URL) Ketarin uses that variable URL to open each application homepage, if you insert a URL that URL is used.

Or (second in preference) an option to use a variable URL to override default behaviour. A text field below CIV (GUI) would look fine (and would also work for CybTekSol (I think)). =)

Edited by FranciscoR

+Added inurl search keyword (eg. "inurl:sourceforge")

Can search "invariable:abcdef" for example be added later Flo?

I second this one. It would be very handy.

Regarding the Ctrl+X shortcuts, the simplest way I see is:

- add a new tab in the global settings dialog

- 10 edit-boxes where we could type the name of the variable we want to be associated with the number

- when a shortcut is fired, do the match

I agree this isn't very elegant, but I think it would do the job.

+Added inurl search keyword (eg. "inurl:sourceforge")

Can search "invariable:abcdef" for example be added later Flo?

I second this one. It would be very handy.

I also second, I was wondering what did that mean 'invariable' as for me 'invariável' means 'subject to no change', 'constant' or something like that. =)

What would it search for? Variable names? URLs?

I was wishing for both if possible Flo. ;) For example: invariable:SnapFilesID would return all my app entries in which the {SnapFilesID} variable exist and invariable:majorgeeks.com/{redir2} would return all my app entries that are based on the last revision of my MajorGeeks template. This would be a major breakthrough for me since I have 1289 entries based on so many subsequent revisions and hybrids of my templates. :D

Flo, not sure how to reproduce it but sometimes (1/10x or below) when I start using search nothing is filtered and after a while the window gets blank outputing the message 'no applications have been added yet', as if db as been erased. After restarting Ketarin all goes back to normal but it's second time I see this.

Let me implement these as new features for upcoming versions ;)

Each release can add a bit more search functionality, so that you have some time to work with it and figure out how much it fits your needs and how well it actually works.

• 2 weeks later...

Flo, something is still not quite right with search:

1. If you have Ketarin open for a while (say 15-20 min.) and you try to search nothing is searched. Needs a restart.

2. If you search something and then copy+paste a job, that new job doesn't show up when you cancel search. Needs a restart.

Edited by FranciscoR

While I don't understand the 1 issue atm, the second one is more or less to be expected (should be fixed at some point). When adding something to the "search list" (or remove) it will not be synchronised to the "main list" or any other search.

• 2 months later...