Ketarin forum

Ketarin 1.0.8 (beta)

floele

Hi,

it has been a while, but I managed to come up with a new beta now :)

+ Searchbar

+ "Force download" option in context menu

* When importing an application from the online database, make use of default values for new applications

! Fixed a NullReferenceException

v2:

+Added inurl search keyword (eg. "inurl:sourceforge")

+Basic cookie support. Cookies are now stored for future requests. They are discarded on exit of the application.

+Option for auto scrolling

+"Enabled" status filter

+Shortcut Ctrl+[1..9] for opening the URL of a selected application's variable no. X in a web browser

!Fixed database being created at the wrong location

!Fixed duplicated applications when pasting from clipboard

http://ketarin.canneverbe.com/downloads/Ketarin/Ketarin-1.0.8.zip

Have fun :)

getting intermittent timeouts for anything that pulls from filehippo. increased timeout to 15 secs and no difference. Can get to site fine. Seems ok with 1.0.7

Everything is fine here, it must be some problem with your ISP? With Filehippo I have a 3 seconds lag between request and reply.

* When importing an application from the online database, make use of default values for new applications

Seems to be working fine except for category, I assume that's intentional? I've never been a big user of Online DB but I guess the next logical step is to remove broken apps from there.

It'll use default values only for those information that is not downloaded from the online database.

This was an ingenious idea Flo (just like the default application), I do acknoledge it, but I was expecting category also to be overwriten with my default value - VLC has a "Medien" category, 7-zip has a "Packer" category, Flash as a "Software" category, CCleaner as a "App" category, etc, and I use none of those categories... so I would rather have default value.

I think a default value is useless here. In most cases you'd have to change it anyway, because you'll have way more than one category and it's not very likely that the default category matches the application you downloaded.

You have a point there... when I import an app from online db usually I send it to "Test" (my default category) to debug regexes, variables, functions, etecetera... and only later I store it in it's final category/folder for archiving. I would prefer default value but probably most users don't do what I do... so OK. =)

+ Searchbar

Thanks for this one Flo... will it search all app entry data eventually?

+ "Force download" option in context menu

Excellent!

Sound like a good idea to me.

Ketarin just keeps getting better with age Flo... I only hope I do the same! lol

I would love to see it return all apps with a particular URL in a particular tag such as snapfiles.com in the <Variables> tag or dl.sourceforge.net in the <FixedDownloadUrl> tag for example... in this way all apps based on the same template could be exported as a group for backup or editing VERY easily. :D

Addendum: While working with my disabled apps it occurred to me that searching an app entry's 'status' would also be great... for example searching disabled or checkonly would display those app entries that have been disabled or are 'check for updates only'. This could be extended to include others such as 'do not download simultaneously' or {version} as CIV at some point maybe? Just wishing Flo! ;)

Edited by CybTekSol

I would love to see it return all apps with a particular URL in a particular tag such as snapfiles.com in the <Variables> tag or dl.sourceforge.net in the <FixedDownloadUrl> tag for example... in this way all apps based on the same template could be exported as a group for backup or editing VERY easily. :D

Two ways to do this: 1- using an application domain prefix/suffix; 2- using multiple search terms. Both ways are 100% accurate. For more complicated stuff we may need to use something as the <FixedDownloadUrl> content, yeah, or the so-called <Homepage> tag (less powerful but maybe more easy to implement as new variable and also feasible as domain filtering).

Addendum: While working with my disabled apps it occurred to me that searching an app entry's 'status' would also be great... for example searching disabled or checkonly would display those app entries that have been disabled or are 'check for updates only'. This could be extended to include others such as 'do not download simultaneously' or {version} as CIV at some point maybe? Just wishing Flo! ;)

How about some checkboxes embeded in search bar with each option?

----------------------------------------

Edited by FranciscoR

Can search "invariable:abcdef" for example be added later Flo?

+Shortcut Ctrl+[1..9] for opening the URL of a selected application's variable no. X in a web browser
Is it possible to add support for 'textual content' variables for this Flo? This would allow the declaration of the desired homepage url in the #1 position on all my templates with 'placeholders'. :D

1. First and foremost, thanks. =)

I guess the next step - no hurry - is to replace the 'left-over' variables.

+Basic cookie support. Cookies are now stored for future requests. They are discarded on exit of the application.

Will search for some cookies... ;)

+Option for auto scrolling
+"Enabled" status filter

OK.

Uh... for me this is a bit complicated :/, no chance to associate (or create an option to associate) this shortcut with {version}? I have jobs with 1 variable, others with 6, this way I have to keep guessing where homepage is among ~100 different templates... {version} is not mandatory I know but this way I need to play the 'Where's Wally' game. Filehippo not working (you probably know). Just about there Flo. ;)

2. There seems to be some problem using Ctrl+V with the search bar (Paste with context menu works fine).

3. Windows 7 (RC) -is it supported?- doesn't seem to save window position. Just reporting, not a big deal.

1) No, I don't want to go so far, that you can assign keyboard shortcuts to variables. I currently see no other way to implement that.

3) Didn't try Win7 a lot yet, will do when I get access to the RTM version in a few days.

Uh... for me this is a bit complicated :/, no chance to associate (or create an option to associate) this shortcut with {version}?

This would not work for me FranciscoR as I do not always have a URL associated with my {version} variable due to manipulation of the version within the template itself for formatting, however, if Flo would allow this feature to support 'textual content' as I have suggested above, you would only have to globally edit your exported xml within NotePad2, etc. to include a {homepage} variable with the textual content and maybe {version:url} or something similar if Flo can work with that. This would make it highly flexible as users could adjust this to their own templates or current configuration. In my case, {homepage}={ver1:url} or {homepage}={ver_scrape:url} for example... just my 2 cents... ;) Could you work with that?