Ketarin forum

CybTekSol's SourceForge.net Template (REMOVED)

CybTekSol

My SourceForge.net Template (REMOVED):

When I saw the manic alterations that SourceForge whipped out yesterday, I decided that I am NOT going to play their game anymore... bye bye SourceForge! :( (and no more template attempts for SourceForce from me... until they come to their senses... if then...) Back to a fixed URL with a 'version scrape' ONLY for me!

CybTekSol

Edited by CybTekSol

Looks like they are doing some maintenance but it's a bit strange that every time we publish an updated template, in a matter of hours template is broken. Surgerycally broken, so I'm suspecting they are doing more than maintenance. It's very easy to track a site like this one, for instance, searching for 'sourceforge template' with Google returns my older template, narrowing search to ketarin.cannevebe.com returns every sourceforge.net post in this site including CybTekSol template. Broken template after broken template has been our experience over the last few months, so if anyone wants to save itself some trouble I advise not to publish a sourceforge.net templates in this forum. But it's still possible to template sourceforge.

I advise not to publish a sourceforge.net templates in this forum.

I AGREE TOTALLY with FranciscoR's advice regarding this... I have quietly suspected this targeted manipulation of their site to break Ketarin could be a viable explanation. This is one of the very things that I have feared may become the NORM regarding Ketarin and I suggested the possibility of this happening to Flo months ago in a post and Flo attempted to assure me that we could overcome their efforts. The sad reality has now become for me... at what point does the time required to overcome a download site's efforts to sabotage Ketarin usage outweigh the many benefits?

I actually believe that Ketarin is not popular enough for sourceforge to care about it. They probably just keep redesigning their site based on the feedback they get.

What I have been saying is just that Ketarin will not be easy to lock out, but if you go through the efforts of changing your HTML code all the time, it will make Ketarin less useful of course.

• 2 weeks later...