Ketarin forum

A 'Highly-Recommended' Utility (Off-Topic)

CybTekSol

I have been using 'Windows System Control Center' by KLS Soft for several months now and I consider the latest version (1.6.0.0) a 'must have' for the average PC geek's toolbox. It incorporates all of Nirsoft's and SysInternal's Apps into one GUI with descriptions, launch and download/update capability. SWEEEEEEET! Let me know if any of you agree. ;) You can get it HERE.

Edited by CybTekSol

Sophos Anti-Virus reports: "File ..\NirSoft Utilities\gacview.exe belongs to virus/spyware Troj/NetPass-B" :(

I feel confident that it is a 'false positive' as only 4 out of 20 Antivirus Apps detect it at "Jotti' and I have been using Nirsoft Utilities for nearly a decade with no problems. ;)

The benefits are that you can launch all these utilities from one place.

That is EXACTLY the reason I am using it in addition to the fact it appears to be portable which allows me to have it on a thumb drive with all the latest utilities ready to run or copy to the PCs I build/service/maintain Stalker! FranciscoR, I still download ALL the utilities individually that have been setup in Ketarin with your templates for those cases where I do not need the entire collection on a PC. ;) IMHO, I do believe WSCC is a very worthy app for a shotgun approach to PC utilities/diagnostics though... give it a try... it's pretty rad... if you don't like it all you have to do is delete the folder. :D

• 3 months later...
Sophos Anti-Virus reports: "File ..\NirSoft Utilities\gacview.exe belongs to virus/spyware Troj/NetPass-B" :(

I feel confident that it is a 'false positive' as only 4 out of 20 Antivirus Apps detect it at "Jotti' and I have been using Nirsoft Utilities for nearly a decade with no problems. ;)

Found an interesting post on Nirblog on this subject' date=' about how 'small' developers like Nir, UBCD4Win, the former Sysinternals and PortableApps are afected by false positives. Struggle for him continues, as you can see in one of his latests posts.