Ketarin forum

A thank you & an introduction

dutchclimber

Hello all,

After fiddling around some ideas on how to scrape software of the web I stumbled onto Ketarin and hang my head in shame for not finding it sooner!

I am not a professional sys-admin but have a demanding family and the odd friend who always seem to think that I have the lastest stuff lying around and can install it in seconds. As stated on the ketarin website, plenty of tools for deployment but nothing for getting the software in the first place.

I have been browsing the website and the fora as well as play around with it and I am very impressed. I am an absolute newbie when it comes to regular expressions but this will force me to learn. I will probably post a couple of questions soon when I am stuck with it, but so far I have already learned a lot from the people who seem to be developer/moderator or regular posters/doc writers (floele, stalker, cybteksol, fransiscor, maddog just to name a few).

Since I am new here I thought an introduction and a thank you would be in place. Hope to learn a lot and maybe later can help the newer members myself.

Cheers,

R

Welcome aboard dutchclimber... I'm glad you finally 'saw the light'. ;) We are here to help and YES regex is your friend with Ketarin. Dissect the templates that are posted in the templates section and review the tutorials and you'll be up to speed in no time. My database is now at 1161 and counting; the vast majority of them use regex and are based on templates, even if only the 'generic' one that I use as a starting point. Happy Ketarining!