Ketarin forum

Does anyone have a Ketarin-Apps.xml they can share with a new user?

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

Hi Everyone,

I work as a general IT tech for small and medium businesses (like an outsourced IT department), and we run Ninite all the time for new PCs or just an older machine that needs some updated runtimes or programs. I just recently discovered Ketarin, and switching to it could save us a lot of time. However, I know that setting up all the programs we'd like to include will take me hours. Since I figure that there are lots of people in a situation similar to mine, would any of you mind sharing your apps xml file? The only one I've been able to find around the internet was from several years ago, and while some of the links work, most are broken. I don't mind adding a few apps or tweaking a few broken ones, but if I could at least get something to start with, that would be great.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction? Thanks so much!

Hi,

there are hundreds of templates in our online database. Open Ketarin, press the down arrow on the "Add new application" button and select the option "Import from online database". Via the search box you can search for applications. In order to receive the latest ( / working) entries, sort the entries by "Latest updated". You can import the application templates or check the application properties and settings by using the right mouse button.

In order to enjoy the latest features, you need the latest version: Ketarin v.1.6.1 RC. Oh, and take a look at the Wiki.

If you have questions regarding a special application, just tell me!

my Ketarin-Apps.xml export.zip

my Settings.xml (user agents, global/special variables, scripts, hotkeys...) settings.zip

Enjoy yourself! :)

Guest Nicholas

Thanks a lot! I didn't notice the ability to add apps from the online database until you mentioned it--that will be a big help and is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for to streamline Ketarin's setup. Thanks again for your help, and for developing such a nifty tool!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Tomorrow,

i am getting some erros:

http://i.imgur.com/nVY1et9.png

ii have used tho two files you posted above Databse and Settings xml files.

What should i do to make it work correctly?....can i somehow replace it by relative paths? instead of D:\

Hi there. Disregard everything that starts with [#M] as these are local only and not for sharing. As for the rest go to Settings > Global variables and change all the nessesary values to C: or whatever driver letter you prefer. That way you wont have to edit any of the apps or even the xml file itself. Just change the value of the global variable and you're good to go. For example currently Global variable "Apps x64" points to "D:\Resources\Apps x64". By changing the value you can have it point to somewhere else. Someone else is going to have to help you with relative paths tho because thats not really my area of expertise. I plan to eventually migrate all my apps to relative paths but not before Q3 this year.

Also. Here are updated files (as your image shows many things have broken in the meantime):

Database: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62357244/Ketarin%20Database.xml

Settings: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62357244/Ketarin%20Settings.xml