Ketarin forum

Execute command on download error

Stalker

I have recently set myself a Windows Home Server and have moved my Ketarin to run from it. Using WHSAlert application I've set it up to post alerts on application updates through WHS Console. However it seems not possible to know whether the application has failed to download.

Would it be possible to have a "Run command on application download failure" (one in global settings, and overridable per app entry) and {error_text} (or something like this) variable so that I can run an alert indicating that app {appname} failed to download due to {error_text}.

• 4 months later...

Exactly what is a "download failure", you don't mean a literal "download failure"? You are talking of some event that triggers a Ketarin error like a timeout or a non-matching regex...?

and {error_text} (or something like this) variable

A /error switch to output the error window content would be usefull for all, but...

a variable which will indicate the number of applications which were updated during the last update run ?

It would be generally useful to have a 'summary window' that replaces(updates) the current 'error window' and contains the following information: 1- errors; 2- programs updated; 3- downloads available but skipped. So, instead of the /error switch we would use a /summary switch.

Exactly what is a "download failure", you don't mean a literal "download failure"? You are talking of some event that triggers a Ketarin error like a timeout or a non-matching regex...?

I mean any event that would trigger Errors window to appear.

A /error switch to output the error window content would be usefull for all, but...

/error switch would not be useful for me in any way because I use a custom logger application.

It would be generally useful to have a 'summary window' that replaces(updates) the current 'error window' and contains the following information: 1- errors; 2- programs updated; 3- downloads available but skipped. So, instead of the /error switch we would use a /summary switch.

Again, I use custom logger application so I would personally prefer a variable which I can use in "Execute after all updates" command. It may even be something as {summary:errors}, {summary:successful} etc.

OK, your setup is VERY specific, I suspect that was the problem...

It may even be something as {summary:errors}, {summary:successful} etc.

Yes, I can work with something like that as well, often I need to scroll up and down to find out what was skipped/updated, that would be handy. Flo, can you please consider this 'summary window' as well when you put 'error window' to rest? =) Error window is too techie. ;)

I was thinking about something in this area a while ago and what I was imagining is to have an interface like Visual Studio's one when building an application:

- a dockable window for all outputs (this would replace the actual log window)

- an other dockable window which display the list of errors and warnings. Clicking on a row would then select the corresponding job in the main list.

What do you think of such a setup?

I was first thinking to implement it myself, but until now, I've been too lazy :)