Ketarin forum

Ketarin 1.0.5 (beta)

floele

@FrancisoR,

First, I agree that variables in the HTTP referrer would be a welcome addition to Ketarin. In this particular case, with PortableApps.com, I am not currently experiencing the problems you are describing and I do not use a referrer in my template for their apps. The only difference that I see with your app entry for 7-Zip and mine is that I do not add the ?download to the end of the FixedDownloadURL. Try removing this from your entries for PortableApps.com and see if it helps in the interim... before Flo adds this feature.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same stuff, =( and no such problem with FF.

30-03-2009 21:36:35: 7-zip Portable: Replacing {app} in 'http://downloads.sourceforge.net/portableapps/{app}.paf.exe' with '7-Zip_Portable_4.65'

30-03-2009 21:36:35: 7-zip Portable: Using referer: http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php

30-03-2009 21:36:50: 7-zip Portable: Failed, O tempo limite da operação expirou

Actually, since my last post I have thought if a fix for this template... but nevertheless I think this is a welcome new feature and not only for templates. For instance, my VLC job chooses between different mirrors, if I get a timeout, Ketarin will use the second. If I had dynamic referers I would be able to achive the same with apps like the one above.

Edited by FranciscoR

I used to use it like that (like my original template available in the forum) but it doesn't work for me.

---------------------------------------------

Right now I created a mirror variable, =) and check out the difference (and speed):

30-03-2009 22:02:31: 7-zip Portable: Replacing {app} in 'http://downloads.sourceforge.net/portableapps/{app}.paf.exe?use_mirror={mirror}' with '7-Zip_Portable_4.65'

30-03-2009 22:02:34: 7-zip Portable: Replacing {mirror} in 'http://downloads.sourceforge.net/portableapps/7-Zip_Portable_4.65.paf.exe?use_mirror={mirror}' with 'heanet'

30-03-2009 22:02:34: 7-zip Portable: Using referer: http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php

30-03-2009 22:02:35: 7-zip Portable: Server source file: /portableapps/7-Zip_Portable_4.65.paf.exe

30-03-2009 22:02:35: 7-zip Portable: Determined target file name: D:\Programas\Unpack\7-Zip_Portable_4.65.paf.exe

30-03-2009 22:02:35: 7-zip Portable: Checking if update is required...

30-03-2009 22:02:35: 7-zip Portable: Update not required, since date and file size remain unchanged

30-03-2009 22:02:36: 7-zip Portable: Replacing {version} in '{version}' with '4.65'

Edited by FranciscoR

It must be related to your location as I get the same 5 second routine without all the frills... at some point it may become an issue for me. Can you post your refined template for PortableApps.com in the 'Templates section' at your convenience for those who may have a similar issue now?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

3/30/2009 4:14:41 PM: 7-Zip Portable (PortableApps.com): Replacing {download_url} in '{download_url}' with 'http://downloads.sourceforge.net/portableapps/7-Zip_Portable_4.65.paf.exe'

3/30/2009 4:14:41 PM: 7-Zip Portable (PortableApps.com): Using referer: (none)

3/30/2009 4:14:44 PM: 7-Zip Portable (PortableApps.com): Server source file: /portableapps/7-Zip_Portable_4.65.paf.exe

3/30/2009 4:14:45 PM: 7-Zip Portable (PortableApps.com): Replacing {version} in '{root_folder}\Utilities\Files & Folders\Compression-Decompression\7-Zip_Portable_v{version:replace: :_}.paf.exe' with '4.65'

3/30/2009 4:14:45 PM: 7-Zip Portable (PortableApps.com): Determined target file name: C:\DownLoad\Latest DownLoads\Utilities\Files & Folders\Compression-Decompression\7-Zip_Portable_v4.65.paf.exe

3/30/2009 4:14:45 PM: 7-Zip Portable (PortableApps.com): Checking if update is required...

3/30/2009 4:14:45 PM: 7-Zip Portable (PortableApps.com): Replacing {version} in '{version}' with '4.65'

3/30/2009 4:14:45 PM: 7-Zip Portable (PortableApps.com): Update not required, {version} has not changed

3/30/2009 4:14:46 PM: 7-Zip Portable (PortableApps.com): Replacing {version} in '{version}' with '4.65'

Sure, I'll update template for those of us in this side of the Atlantic. =) As a matter of fact, I only started having this issue a month ago - or something -, it's a bit random. Today only 7-zip is afected. But I don't recommend this revision for newbies.

Edited by FranciscoR

@FranciscoR,

Apparently this is beginning to happen on this side of the Atlantic also. :( I've experienced difficulties since last night with PortableApps.com downloads. SourceForge appears to be experiencing intermittent issues with other apps for me also.

I'm still using the 'static' approach. I will have to wait until I have more time to address it... possibly later this week. If I'm lucky, it will sort itself out! ;)

Follow Up:

Guess what FranciscoR? I just ran updates for ALL my apps hosted by SourceForge so I could post some XML for you and they ALL updated with NO FAILURES! WooooHoooo! :D Oh happy day! :) That's the easiest fix I've ever experienced with Ketarin... if only they all were that easy! ;) I can only assume, the changes at SourceForge have now been fully implemented.

Edited by CybTekSol

@CybTekSol

I'm using this template for Sourceforge (replacing PortableApps). However, I'm not crazy enought to support it =), feel free to use it, to move it... I'm abusing on placeholders with this one.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<Jobs>
 <ApplicationJob xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
   <DownloadBeta>Default</DownloadBeta>

<CheckForUpdatesOnly>false</CheckForUpdatesOnly>
   <VariableChangeIndicator />
   <CanBeShared>true</CanBeShared>
   <ShareApplication>false</ShareApplication>
   <ExclusiveDownload>false</ExclusiveDownload>
   <HttpReferer />
   <Variables>
     <item>
       <key>
         <string>version</string>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <RegexRightToLeft>false</RegexRightToLeft>
           <VariableType>RegularExpression</VariableType>
           <Regex><placeholder name="Filename Start (for 'npp.5.3.1.bin.7z' use 'npp\.')" />(?\d+[\.\d+]+.*?)(?:<placeholder name="Filename End (for 'npp.5.3.1.bin.7z' use '\.bin\.7z')" value="\.paf\.exe|\.exe|\.zip|\.msi|\.7z" />))(?=")</Regex>
           <Url><placeholder name="Download Page Location" /></Url>
           <Name>version</Name>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>
     <item>
       <key>
         <string>mirror</string>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <RegexRightToLeft>false</RegexRightToLeft>
           <VariableType>RegularExpression</VariableType>
           <Regex>(?<=<placeholder name="Filename Start (for 'npp.5.3.1.bin.7z' use 'npp\.')" />.*?"init_download\('http://downloads.sourceforge.net/)([^\s]+(?:<placeholder name="Filename End (for 'npp.5.3.1.bin.7z' use '\.bin\.7z')" value="\.paf\.exe|\.exe|\.zip|\.msi|\.7z" />)[^\s]+)'\)</Regex>
           <Url><placeholder name="Download Page Location" /></Url>
           <Name>mirror</Name>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>
   </Variables>
   <ExecuteCommand />
   <ExecutePreCommand />
   <Category><placeholder name="Category" value="Backup-Benchmark-Clean-Compress-Internet-Multimedia-Office-PDF-Recovery-Registry-Search-Security-Shell" /></Category>
   <SourceType>FixedUrl</SourceType>

<DeletePreviousFile>false</DeletePreviousFile>
   <Enabled>true</Enabled>
   <FileHippoId />

<TargetPath><placeholder name="TargetPath" value="{target}\{category}\{appname}_{version}.{url:ext}" /></TargetPath>
   <FixedDownloadUrl>http://downloads.sourceforge.net/{mirror}</FixedDownloadUrl>
   <Name><placeholder name="AppName" /></Name>
 </ApplicationJob>
</Jobs>

Edited by FranciscoR

@CybTekSol

I'm using this template for Sourceforge (replacing PortableApps). However, I'm not crazy enought to support it =), feel free to use it, to move it... I'm abusing on placeholders with this one.

That's definitely interesting... I'll test it when I get a chance. I fully understand not wanting to support it! It's probably best not to post it in the template forum for that reason. ;)

All you have to do is to copy 'link text' (not 'link location'), insert filename start/end - use regex if needed - and you're ready to go. I updated placeholder text just a minute ago, it's more easy to understand now (I think).

Sourceforge is a jungle, even with the 'insert DL URL' method (like Ghisler) I can't get a match with all jobs, that's why I prefer to use such a 'job helper'. It's compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux. ;)

All you have to do is to copy 'link text' (not 'link location'), insert filename start/end - use regex if needed - and you're ready to go.

SWEET FranciscoR... I'll add it to my template arsenal. ;) Do you want to support it now? Post it in the 'Templates section' if you are feeling froggy! LOL

I was just trying to get a laugh out of you FranciscoR. ;) As far as changes, I feel your pain quite frequently regarding what seems to be a plethora of changes to sites that I frequent lately. I spent 4 hours adjusting to changes at Mozilla yesterday and updating my Firefox and Thunderbird templates as a result of those changes. This is the third change of their site in 4 months. :( And on top of that, FreewareFiles.com banned my static IP again last night, so I am done with them! After contacting them and getting it fixed a few days ago, they banned me the first time I attempted to check their site for updates! :(