Ketarin forum

MajorGeeks.com Template (test)

FranciscoR

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<Jobs>
 <ApplicationJob xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<DownloadBeta>Default</DownloadBeta>

<CheckForUpdatesOnly><placeholder name="Check for updates only ?" value="false" options="true" /></CheckForUpdatesOnly>
<VariableChangeIndicator />
<CanBeShared>true</CanBeShared>
<ShareApplication>false</ShareApplication>
<ExclusiveDownload>false</ExclusiveDownload>
<HttpReferer />
<Variables>
  <item>
	<key>
	  <string>version</string>
	</key>
	<value>
	  <UrlVariable>
		<RegexRightToLeft>false</RegexRightToLeft>
		<VariableType>RegularExpression</VariableType>
		<Regex>(?-s:(\d+(?:\.\d+)+.*?|\d b[a-z]* ?\d+|\d+ sp\w+|r\d+)(?= ?(?:download|[<\[\]]))|(?-s:20\d\d-\d\d-\d\d))</Regex>
		<Url><placeholder name="Application Page URL" /></Url>
		<Name>version</Name>
	  </UrlVariable>
	</value>
  </item>
  <item>
	<key>
	  <string>redir</string>
	</key>
	<value>
	  <UrlVariable>
		<Regex>(?-s:(http://[^"]+|href="downloadget[^"]+)".+{value:regexreplace:(USA ?\d?):\|$1\|})</Regex>
		<Url><placeholder name="Application Page URL" /></Url>
		<Name>redir</Name>
	  </UrlVariable>
	</value>
  </item>
  <item>
	<key>
	  <string>value</string>
	</key>
	<value>
	  <UrlVariable>
		<VariableType>Textual</VariableType>
		<Regex />
		<TextualContent><placeholder name="Choose a mirror (enter one of the available options)" value="USA" options="Author's Site|USA|USA 2|Internode|Authors Site" /></TextualContent>
		<Name>value</Name>
	  </UrlVariable>
	</value>
  </item>
  <item>
	<key>
	  <string>durl</string>
	</key>
	<value>
	  <UrlVariable>
		<Regex>((?:URL\=downloadget\d|files\d\.majorgeeks\.com/files/|(?:www\.)?majorgeeks\.com/downloadget)[^"]+)"</Regex>
		<Url>{redir:regexreplace:href="downloadget([^"]+):http\\://majorgeeks.com/downloadget$1}</Url>
		<Name>durl</Name>
	  </UrlVariable>
	</value>
  </item>
</Variables>
<ExecuteCommand />
<ExecutePreCommand />
<Category><placeholder name="Category" value="Test" options="Backup|Backup\Test|Clean|Clean\Registry|Clean\Uninstall|Database|Grep|Internet|Internet\Misc|Internet\Plugins|Internet\Test|Multimedia|Multimedia\Graphics|Multimedia\ScreenCapture|Office|Office\Diagramming|Office\Notepad|Office\PDF|Office\Scrapbook|Security|Security\AS|Security\Misc|Security\USB|Test|Utils\Benchmark|Utils\Compression|Utils\Hash|Utils\Misc|Utils\Recovery|Virtualization" /></Category>
<SourceType>FixedUrl</SourceType>
<PreviousLocation />
<DeletePreviousFile>false</DeletePreviousFile>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<FileHippoId />

<TargetPath>{target}\{category}\<placeholder name="Rename convention" value="{appname:replace:MG_:}_{version}.{url:ext}" options="|{appname}.{url:ext}|{appname}_{url:basefile}.{url:ext}|{appname}_{url:basefile}_{version}.{url:ext}|{appname}_{version:regexreplace:([0-9.]+)( [a-z]+ )(\d+):$1b$3}.{url:ext}|{appname}_{version:regexreplace:([a-z0-9.]+)(Portable)(\d+)?:$1$3}.{url:ext}|{appname}_{version:replace: :.}.{url:ext}|{appname}_{version:replace: :_}.{url:ext}|{appname}_{version:replace: :_}_{f:dd}-{f:MM}.{url:ext}|{appname}_{version:replace:/:-}.{url:ext}|{appname}_{version}.{url:ext}|{appname:regexreplace:(\w+)( \w+):$1}_{version:replace: build :b}.{url:ext}|{appname:replace: :_}_{version}.{url:ext}|{appname:replace: :}_{version:regexreplace:([a-z]+) +(\d+),? +(\d+):$2-$1-$3}.{url:ext}|{appname:replace: :}_{version}.{url:ext}|{appname:replace:FH_:}_{version:replace: :}.{url:ext}|{appname:replace:FH_:}_{version}.{url:ext}|{appname:replace:MG_:}_{version:regexreplace:([0-9.]+)( [a-z]+ )(\d+):$1b$3}.{url:ext}|{appname:replace:MG_:}_{version:replace: :}.{url:ext}|{appname:replace:MG_:}_{version}.{url:ext}|{appname:replace:SF_:}_{version}.{url:ext}|{appname:replace:SN_:}_{version}.{url:ext}|{appname:replace:SP_:}_{version:regexreplace:([0-9.]+)( [a-z]+ )(\d+):$1b$3}.{url:ext}|{appname:replace:SP_:}_{version:regexreplace:([0-9.]+)([a-z ]+)([0-9]+):$1b$3}.{url:ext}|{appname:replace:SP_:}_{version:replace: :}.{url:ext}|{appname:replace:SP_:}_{version}.{url:ext}|{url:basefile}.{url:ext}|{url:basefile}_{f:dd}-{f:MM}.{url:ext}|{url:basefile}_{version}.{url:ext}" /></TargetPath>
<FixedDownloadUrl>http://{durl:replace:URL=downloadget:majorgeeks.com/downloadget}</FixedDownloadUrl>
<Name>MG_<placeholder name="Application Name" /></Name>
 </ApplicationJob>
</Jobs>

Note: Insert info as prompted. Known limitations: I was unable to DL Kaspersky AVP. How to import a template.

Edited by floele

@CybTekSol: for me MG {redir} is tricky, increases update timmings and has the major limitation of allowing you to use only 1 mirror/app. So yeah, I choose to use a different method.
You don't have to apologize to me for YOUR personal preferences... that's the beauty of Ketarin... it is powerful enough to give one freedom in how a task is accomplished! ;) I DO LIKE your regex for the {version} scrape... it worked better than mine in my existing apps, so I have already implemented it in my local template. Do you mind if I add this regex to my posted MajorGeeks.com template if I give you credit for it within the post as I believe it would be more reliable a scrape for future users of my template? BTW... THANKS for your input and participation in the forum while I was away! :D

Go ahead, fine by me. I'm happy you're doing well again. ;)
THANKS... on BOTH counts! ;) I have updated my MajorGeeks.com template to reflect your improvement of the {version} scrape and a few other minor tweaks. BTW... I'm about half way mended which is enough to get me back to work! WoooHooo! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You're welcome, if i recall the specifics, i had problems updating using the FTP mirror. But after the latest incident with MG server and until they catchup all apps (site is a complete mess for the moment), i'm not sure if i would use this template. Personally i have disabled all my MG jobs, looking forward to see how they are going to manage this issue and update template if necessary. See details on problem here:

http://ketarin.canneverbe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=307

Oh that sucks :( I've only been using the Internode mirror as I'm in Aust and looking to swap ISP to Internode very soon. As all Internode mirrored content doesn't count towards download quota I was really happy to get this template working and have been in the process of swapping almost all available app downloads to MG using your template. Wish I'd saved my settings from before I did that! Oh well. Hopefully they get it all back up to speed real soon!

Thanks for the heads up FrancisoR!

• 2 years later...
Guest Stephen

Can anyone verify that this still works? I just tried to upload it and it failed due to a "\" in position 93 on line 21. I'm probably doing something wrong. I've never tried a template before, but it would be really helpful to have one for MajorGeeks.Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Wont work anymore, they rebuilt whole website...  :(

Oh NO!  This was a great template and I have a bunch of MajorGeeks items in Ketarin...   :(

That's the beauty of Ketarin templates though - as soon as someone is able to update the template to work with the new layout, it'll fix all the MG apps just by importing the new template. Wish I had the time to do it myself.

• 4 months later...