Ketarin forum

problem with portable apps

scorcher

This is my first post and before i post my question, flo, awesome job!! what a time saver this is.

Using ver 1.0.3.215

I'll start by saying I know very little about scripts. I know what they do but am lost with the language. I have learned a little by research recently but have barley scratched the surface.

Problem: I have added apps by going through "add new application">"import from online database" and am having problems getting the portable apps from portableapps.com from working. After I add the app, I have left everything default except for of course choosing the destination path of the file. The error I get is "Invalid URl. The URl scheme is not valid." Then the error message is followed by the variable written in the "edit variables" box.

As a side note (lets take Firefox Portable for example), in the "Edit Firefox Portable" box, there is a "{v}" in the "URL" line.

Specifically, I am trying to add Firefox Portable, JK Defrag Portable, and 7-zip Portable. All of these give me the same error.

I had the same issue a while back: http://ketarin.canneverbe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=193

Check out that thread and the step-by-step guide (link at the bottom). I finally got it working, but it's not a "no-brainer" like adding something form the online DB is.

Good luck.

This is my first post and before i post my question, flo, awesome job!! what a time saver this is.

Using ver 1.0.3.215

I'll start by saying I know very little about scripts. I know what they do but am lost with the language. I have learned a little by research recently but have barley scratched the surface.

Problem: I have added apps by going through "add new application">"import from online database" and am having problems getting the portable apps from portableapps.com from working. After I add the app, I have left everything default except for of course choosing the destination path of the file. The error I get is "Invalid URl. The URl scheme is not valid." Then the error message is followed by the variable written in the "edit variables" box.

As a side note (lets take Firefox Portable for example), in the "Edit Firefox Portable" box, there is a "{v}" in the "URL" line.

Specifically, I am trying to add Firefox Portable, JK Defrag Portable, and 7-zip Portable. All of these give me the same error.

CybtekSol,

Yes I was able to fiqure it out. I changed the variable to "regular" expression instead of the default, which was "start/end"

Glad your feeling better bro.

@scorcher,

I'm feeling better and I'm back, unless I have a set-back! Did you get this issue resolved?