Ketarin forum

All downloads corrupted after update

smiggles

I am not sure if it happened after I upgraded from Windows 7 to 8 or it was just a coincidence that it happened around the same time. I am running Ketarin 1.6.0.434 Windows 8 x64.

Nearly all my updates are from Filehippo and when I try to open any of the files that have been updated the files say they are corrupted.

Steps I have taken so far (with no success)

1. Deleted all the downloaded files.

2. Downloaded all files again with Ketarin 'Update All'.

3. Replace USB flash drive (my target directory) and update again.

I noticed Ketarin was downloading all the Microsoft .Netframework which I thought was odd as I can't imagine there are any new versions of the older .netframeworks.

If you're using the standard app profiles, the checkbox "ignore file information" can be used to switch between computers more safely. There's a good chance that the path to the downloads has changed from something like "c:\users\joe blow\desktop\ketarin" to "c:\ketarin" or even "c:\users\smiggles\downloads\ketarin". The path to the last version is stored in the ketarin db, and if that file is missing (with the "ignore" option disabled) Ketarin will re-download if that path doesn't exist.

As for FileHippo, sadly they're redirecting more and more apps to the webpages of the originating vendor. This is especially true of anything by Adobe (flash, air, reader) but has hit other apps as well.

• 5 weeks later...