Ketarin forum

How to delete unreferenced installers

JimH44

Hello,

I'm loving Ketarin. It is keeping over 200 installers up-to-date for me, and maintaining a repository for others to access on the LAN.

Now I would like it to remove from folder X any installers that are no longer pointed to by my recipes. This happens because one site I update from has a web page containing pointers to the current viable installers. Sometimes it's a stable release and a beta, sometimes the stable release and the next release candidate. I have worked out recipes that look at the pointers and fetch what they point to, but the developers would like me to automatically remove from my repository any versions that they no longer point to.

I have worked out how to use Ketarin commands to list the {file} items locally in a file Keeps.txt, and then to remove from folder X any installers that are not listed in Keeps.txt. (See the attached Killer.txt)

If all recipes download their files, this works properly. But if some recipes check for update and decide not to download, then their commands don't run, and their {file} items don't make it into Keeps.txt.

Is there a way to make the commands associated with a recipe run whether or not the installer needs updating?

Or some other way to remove installers that are no longer pointed to by the recipes that install into folder X?

Thanks,

Jim

Killer.txt

Sadly, there's no guaranteed way to accomplish this for a skipped, current or failed download. The best solution is probably to move your downloads somewhere else and re-download your entire library, moving back anything that fails. This will ensure that the library is properly purged, but it's not going to be fun if you have many large or slow downloads.

Another option, if you only need to purge them "now", would be to open Ketarin, select all, copy, then parse out all of the "PreviousLocation" values. Since this will only include the results from the current Ketarin install, you'll get the real locations from the most recently downloaded files. Everything else can be purged. This obviously isn't what you had in mind, but should work well enough.