Ketarin forum

Export 'Download Errors' Contents to Defined Log or Clipboard

CybTekSol

Flo,

Could you add this request to the 'queue' for me please? Since I have over a thousand apps configured in Ketarin now, it is not uncommon to have 10-20 errors per global download session. To capture the output from the 'Errors' dialog, I have to Ctrl-Left-Click each line to highlight, then Ctrl-C to get them to the clipboard and them past them into NotePad2 for review and subsequent resolution. Ideally, it would be GREAT to have these errors automatically exported to a designated 'Errors Log' file each session with an overwrite or append option. Short of that... maybe a Right-Click, paste error contents to clipboard. No rush as it's simply an efficiency issue for me. Thanks, as always! ;)

@CybTekSol

I almost always have errors too (and wouldn't you know it, I DON'T have an error box ATM) but IIRC you can CTRL-A to select all (or right click and choose select all) and then copy the whole lot out to your text editor.... check and see?

I think you are referring to the 'Log' window, where I am referring to the 'Error' window. Even on the latest version (1.0.2.215) posted today there is NO CTRL-A to select all (or right click and choose select all) capability for the 'Error' window. :( Edited by CybTekSol

I am referring to the 'Error' window.

No, I *do* mean the error window.

OK I got one just now. What I *have* been doing, is to click on the FIRST line to select it, then hold shift key and click on the LAST line, that selects the entire block. Then copy and paste from there.

So you can still get them all I have been doing (I guess I just forgot I've been doing it that way!). And you're right, this window could use shortcut menu and keyboard shortcuts just like the log window.

To capture the output from the 'Errors' dialog, I have to Ctrl-Left-Click each line to highlight, then Ctrl-C to get them to the clipboard and them past them into NotePad2 for review and subsequent resolution.
@appyface,

I explained the method I am currently using to accomplish this in the original post above... what you are doing is just a variation of that which I have also used, NOT IDEAL... and not worthy of the polished app that I believe Flo is aiming for. What I am requesting as an added feature which would streamline the process. What I would PREFER to have added is this... included in my original post.

Ideally, it would be GREAT to have these errors automatically exported to a designated 'Errors Log' file each session with an overwrite or append option.
This would allow me to add the exported 'Errors Log' to a tab in 'NoteTab Pro' that I always load for various reasons when I am working with Ketarin. Wouldn't that feature be beneficial to you or are you satisfied with additional manual steps?

@CybTekSol

No argument with your feature request. I wasn't addressing that part of your post, however :) My erroneous mention of CTRL-A got this conversation going away from what I was pointing out...

I only wanted to address the part of your post about tediously copying one line at a time! Not necessary, you can get the whole error report in one go. That's ALL I was trying to say!

Shortcut menu and keyboard shortcuts probably should be added just for consistency with the rest of the app (main window, log file)...

And again, no argument with your feature request. Just not what I was (trying) to talk about :)