Ketarin forum

CybTekSol's LATEST Universal Softpedia.com Template (TEST)

CybTekSol

Your regex did inspire me to do something different

You've made my day FranciscoR... I try! ;) I haven't had a chance to test your SoftPedia template yet but it looks very impressive... I can't wait. Ironically, I designed a 'Generic Template' with placeholders for anchor elements (for version and download URL regex) a few days ago using this same concept and it works beautifully... so far!

Your's and myne. After posting the latest version of SP template, I extracted ALL DL URLS from my DB (to simulate External Mirrors compatibility) and pasted that into Expresso: NOT a single error, I guess my 15 SP jobs covered them all !!! No more catching of mirrors with SP ! =)

Edited by FranciscoR

@FranciscoR,

I've been playing with your SP template attempting to incorporate your ideas in a slightly different direction and goofed up with the placeholder inputs, crashed Ketarin and wiped my database. :( Glad I have those backups! I've been working 22 hrs. now so that may be the reason for the slip-up... signing off and goin' to get some sleep. ;) Will work on it again in a few days... I do like it though... GREAT job!

How much slightly ? =) Just tested with the recent released OO 3.1, and all works fine for me. Is this a template issue or a new bug ? If it's a new bug, Flo would like to fix it for sure, I will try to add some more placeholders to XML but I still haven't experienced any issues with it.

I'm approaching the 'placeholder' prompt choices differently... just experimenting. ;) It was my altered template that was at fault, not a bug; I didn't keep up with the regex being input as I was tired and it resulted in feeding Ketarin a ridiculous regex. lol I think you should post your new SP template in a separate thread when you are able to find the time as it is certainly a breakthrough with SoftPedia. :D