Ketarin forum

Automatic retreival of app version from FileHippo

Stalker

Because FileHippo pages are quite standardized and because writing custom variables for each app would be a pain would it be possible that some variable (f.e. {fh_version}) will automatically be populated with the version of the app downloaded (not the last version as it can be beta but the one which was actually downloaded) ? It would be useful for being displayed in Custom column for example.

Hi there,

While on the topic of FileHippo, would it be possible to have a local setting for each download that indicates whether or not to download the beta versions from FileHippo, rather than a global one?

My motivation for this is that 'beta' can mean very different things for different programs.

For instance I have no problem downloading the Audacity Beta but there are some programs such as Flash or Shockwave player that I would rather download the release version.

Just a thought,

Thanks,

William