Ketarin forum

Template Collection is GROWING!

CybTekSol

And now you have another. =)

It's just another speedy. I've actually been working on a template for a site with more than 250 download urls (and growing), maybe you (anyone) can help me on this. Is there a way to make the regex engine match 3 anchors in the exact same line ?

This is what I want:

4..............(anchor1).......(anchor2)(<--capture-->)(anchor3).............

This is my problem:

2.......(anchor2)
3(<--capture-->)
4(<--capture-->)(anchor3).............

This site is really a jungle, I have lots of changes in filename, version, domain... not easy to solve. Each developer gives it's page a different format... but since I started template I would like to finish it. ;)

Is there a way to make the regex engine match 3 anchors in the exact same line ?
I use multiple anchors quite frequently... I just put wildcards between them. [ Example: (Anchor1.*?Anchor2.*?Anchor3)MATCH(End-Anchor) ] However, unless I'm mistaken, there can ONLY be ONE 'MATCH'... and I don't currently know any way around that limitation. (above my pay grade) ;) Hope this helps... I'll be back tomorrow night if you have any more questions.

CybTekSol

P.S.. Thanks for the RoadKill template, I'm going to release a template that uses 'Google Site Search' for testing this Monday...

".*?" is exactly my problem... causes Anchor2 to jump arround... if I can't solve it I will have to simplify template excluding test and development releases... but I do realize I can do some testing with non-capturing sub-groups. Any other ideas apreciated. =)

Edited by FranciscoR

@FranciscoR,

I feel your pain... sites that are not consistent in the presentation of their hypertext for app pages is extremely frustrating. It is nearly impossible to create a 'one size fits all' template for those sites... 60 to 75% success rate is rather disappointing to me as has been the case with my SoftPedia template. I don't know what else to suggest except be persistent, analyze the hypertext thoroughly in an attempt to find 'unique anchors'... which can lead to eye strain. ;) Maybe appyface has some other ideas... your thoughts appyface?

It's too difficult, I just can't find many common anchors between 250 pages of chaos... solution is to introduce some pipes with generic (but not unique) anchors, but this makes matching control more difficult and impredictable... if I match 50 pages, the next 50 won't match... I don't think I will be posting such a template... for the moment. =)