Ketarin forum

Has FileHippo Changed Something?

CybTekSol

Florian,

Do you know if FileHippo has changed something that could be preventing updates? I just noticed Ad-Aware will NOT update to 8.0.0.0 for example? Also, a quick glance at some apps in my database indicates I do NOT have the latest versions available on their site. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I got them working... I had originally scraped the version with regex to my liking (i.e. I didn't want the 2008 or 2009 from the default version of Ad-Aware) and FileHippo didn't like it. Deleted the custom {version} scrape... redefined it and walla. Florian, if you read this, is customizing the {version} variable on FileHippo problematic? If so, a work-around?

More info... I had modified the 'VariableChangeIndicator' line to {version} for all files externally... I removed all except those for the offending apps (those that continually update) and found that their were newer versions of 16 out of nearly 500 apps in my database! ALL is WELL again. ;)