Ketarin forum

Issue with Import-Export-List

Obi-Wahn

Hi!

I found Ketarin yesterday via gHacks.net, and I'm impressed. Today, I started to fill the list with Applications I'd like to download, but after I finished my work, I recognized, that it'd be better to have all updates in one folder. But: I don't want to change 33 Programs manually, so I decided to export the list, modify it (with Notepad++) and import it again.

So I modified the list, saved it (ANSII) and I'd like to Import the list, but the errormessage appears:

---------------------------
Ketarin
Failed to import the file: Keine Unicodebyte-Reihenfolgemarkierung. Es kann nicht zu Unicode gewechselt werden.
OK   

Damn. I searched the web, and I've seen on one page the tip: "Change from ANSII to UTF-8". Changed it in the editor, saved, error.

FINALLY, I was able to load the entrys by saving it as ANSII, but the exported list has the header: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>, so I changed it into <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>, errormessage dissapeard, and the entry was loaded. But only the first entry.

I loaded one entry after another, but I think, there's some improvement to go.

Beside this, I think its a great program.

Thanks a lot.

WISH LIST:

- Ability to change all entrys with one click (especially the download-folder)

- Improvement from the Import-export function. Loading a multi-entry-list would as good as the point above.

Greets

Obi-Wahn

Hm, actually, importing multiple items should have worked. I just released a new version which fixes both of your issues.

Regarding "multi-edit": This is rather complicated (maybe not even possible to implement in a useful way) and if at all, something for post-1.0.

• 1 month later...
I'm using version 0.9.9.17 and export / import procedure is still broken. My workaround is to open ketarin.xml in Notepad2 and change file encoding to UTF-8, then import works.!

i just realized that I didn't the latest version, did an update and import/export indeed works. Sorry for false report.

Cheers, D