Ketarin forum

Ketarin 0.9.9.22 beta

floele

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@flo

Ooops maybe not talking to me... ? I downloaded latest 0.9.9.22 just now and tried it. The exception still occurs if I don't rename the directory first. The highlight problem remains, the first variable's value is highlighted, but the next two have no highlighting. CTRL-G does take me to the start of of the values for them, same as before.

I didn't add highlighting multiple matches. Also, I believe that the excetion does not actually occur anymore. Please verify that with the latest debug build. If at all, there could be a different exception with the same sympthoms.

@Flo OK here you go.

This only happens if I rename Ketarin's directory back to the name it had, when the loss of window size/position/??? occured.

An unhandled exception occured and Ketarin needs to be closed.

System.PlatformNotSupportedException: This operation is only supported on Windows 2000 SP3 or later operating systems.

at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier..ctor(WellKnownSidType sidType, SecurityIdentifier domainSid)

at System.Diagnostics.SharedUtils.EnterMutexWithoutGlobal(String mutexName, Mutex& mutex)

at System.Diagnostics.SharedPerformanceCounter.GetCounter(String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean enableReuse, PerformanceCounterInstanceLifetime lifetime)

at System.Diagnostics.SharedPerformanceCounter..ctor(String catName, String counterName, String instanceName, PerformanceCounterInstanceLifetime lifetime)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.Initialize()

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.set_RawValue(Int64 value)

at System.Net.NetworkingPerfCounters.Initialize()

at System.Net.Configuration.SettingsSectionInternal..ctor(SettingsSection section)

at System.Net.Configuration.SettingsSectionInternal.get_Section()

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.get_DefaultMaximumResponseHeadersLength()

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest..ctor(Uri uri, ServicePoint servicePoint)

at System.Net.HttpRequestCreator.Create(Uri Uri)

at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(Uri requestUri, Boolean useUriBase)

at System.Net.WebRequest.CreateDefault(Uri requestUri)

at Ketarin.Updater.DoDownload(ApplicationJob job, Uri urlToRequest) in C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Ketarin\Updater.cs:line 531

at Ketarin.Updater.DoDownload(ApplicationJob job, String& requestedUrl) in C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Ketarin\Updater.cs:line 496

at Ketarin.Updater.StartNewThread(Object paramJob) in C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Ketarin\Updater.cs:line 394

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)

@Flo I can't remember if this was fixed before, and is now unfixed?

I created a variable: vers which is 'textual content'

The content is: {f:yyyy}{f:MM}{f:dd}

I use this to have Ketarin redownload the 0.9.9.22 beta for me whenever you upload it again, and make sure it has a new name. My update attempt errors out because the file's date/time values do not get substituted into {vers}:

Here is the log when I try to update this entry:

1/28/2009 4:56:18 PM: Update started with 1 application(s)

1/28/2009 4:56:19 PM: Replacing {vers} in 'D:\Stuff\filestore\Updaters\Ketarin-0.9.9.22_{vers}.zip' with '{f:yyyy}{f:MM}{f:dd}'

1/28/2009 4:56:19 PM: Ketarin redownload 0.9.9.22 beta: Checking if update is required...

1/28/2009 4:56:19 PM: Ketarin redownload 0.9.9.22 beta: Failed, The specified target path 'D:\Stuff\filestore\Updaters\Ketarin-0.9.9.22_{f:yyyy}{f:MM}{f:dd}.zip' is not valid.

1/28/2009 4:56:19 PM: Update finished

An easy workaround is to just use the {f:} variables right in the target path, instead of the {vers} variable in the target path. And I've changed it to do just that.

I only mention this because I thought this did work at one point. But maybe not... I think I've slept since then :)

Thanks,

--appyface

Edited by appyface

No, that won't work. Ketarin only replaces variables once within a string, not twice.

If that happens, you're hosed. I can't work around that. Seems like a pretty nasty bug in the .NET FW. You could try to get some help on MS forums maybe... (reinstall .NET SP1?)

No, that won't work. Ketarin only replaces variables once within a string, not twice.

Thanks Flo, no problem. I just couldn't remember what the real scoop was (we need to get that doc updated so I don't have to!!!!).

If that happens, you're hosed. I can't work around that. Seems like a pretty nasty bug in the .NET FW. You could try to get some help on MS forums maybe... (reinstall .NET SP1?)

I wondered about a .NET bug... However, the cause of Ketarin's weird loss of window size/position that occurred is still unknown? (vis a vis emil's thread in "Bugs") The above crash only happens when I rename Ketarin's directory back to the name it had when the window size 'disppeared'. .NET throws some other weird exceptions too when Ketarin's directory is back to that original name and I try different things in Ketarin.

So. I could agree these exceptions are not Ketarin's fault since they're probably downstream of the real error. Is it possible to find out just *what* is hanging on to that old directory name (or something uniquely associated with that directory name, etc.)? These exceptions are completely repeatable here. Maybe Ketarin can do something about that part, and maybe Ketarin could guard against that ugly window thing in the first place? I'm pretty sure the window thing is what happened to emil (I'm basing that on his/her description...)

Wait a minute... I think this is what I was remembering, because this works:

define variable: test1 textual content {f:yyyy}{f:MM}{f:dd}

define variable: vers textual content {test1}

1/29/2009 4:23:09 AM: Update started with 1 application(s)

1/29/2009 4:23:10 AM: Replacing {test1} in '{test1}' with '20090127'

1/29/2009 4:23:10 AM: Replacing {vers} in 'D:\Stuff\filestore\Updaters\Ketarin-0.9.9.22_{vers}.zip' with '20090127'

1/29/2009 4:23:10 AM: Ketarin redownload 0.9.9.22 beta: Checking if update is required...

1/29/2009 4:23:10 AM: Ketarin redownload 0.9.9.22 beta: Update not required

1/29/2009 4:23:10 AM: Replacing {test1} in '{test1}' with '20090127'

1/29/2009 4:23:10 AM: Replacing {vers} in '{vers}' with '20090127'

1/29/2009 4:23:10 AM: Update finished

In essence, I'm manually solving the order of precedence thing that I need instead of Ketarin.

This is no problem to do of course.

But I'm wondering if Ketarin could figure out the order of precedence so that I don't have to? That would be very convenient, but it is probably more programming trouble than it's worth... thoughts on that?

By order of precedence, what I meant was, Ketarin would have to figure out what variable has to be solved first, so that the next could be solved using the result from the earlier one, and so on.

In other words, deeper than top level definition. Totally understand if you don't want to add that complexity. For as little as it will probably be used, the two 'workarounds' I wrote above, are perfectly fine.

But 'we' (there I go again) need to get that documented (someday when 'we' all have a little more time on our hands) because I know that I'll forget why it doesn't work (again), and I'll bet sooner or later someone else will ask the question too.

Thanks for looking at the window thing, it was so weird that I had just posted an idea to emil when it happened to me!