Top Posters In This Topic

Now try the method I suggested.

Basically as far as I can see it everything goes like this:

1) Ketarin downloads a file

2) PreviousKnownLocation is updated with a path to downloaded file

3) User renames the file from outside Ketarin

4) User updates PreviousKnownLocation entry in the db

5) User initiates the update

6) Ketarin checks the PreviousKnownLocation and sees that the file is indeed there and up to date

7) Ketarin reports the file as up-to-date

4) User updates PreviousKnownLocation entry in the db

With XML export-import ? Well, if there's no other fix, I will have to use that. ;)

No, of course not. Feel free to suggest an implementation for that.

How about using metadata ?

There's metadata that almost never changes, like name (not to be confused with file name, e.g. although I have renamed Ccleaner.exe to Ccleaner_ABC_123.exe, metadata name is the same, Ccleaner) size, version, data type, extension, where it is located, how it is associated, atributes, ownership... is this non-sense ? =)

For the next release, you can use the command line with the following command:

/update /appguid={373d4791-37d4-441a-81b8-8466e55e9803} /PreviousLocation=c:\test.exe

Are you including a new "execute command before download" field? Your "appguid" is an example, I can use any app, right ?

For the next release, you can use the command line with the following command:

/update /appguid={373d4791-37d4-441a-81b8-8466e55e9803} /PreviousLocation=c:\test.exe

1. Background colors look OK; =)

2. What command line are we talking about ? It's probably a sqlite command line after all, anyone will do (http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite.html ) or you have a specific recommendation ?

3. Also, instead of appguid can I use app name ? It's faster and more intuitive to use, personally I don't have two app name's alike so this won't be a problem (I think).

Edited by FranciscoR

Yep, only location is updated [date and time are also updated here because I was using a second machine].

<PreviousLocation>D:\Programas\ccsetup215.exe</PreviousLocation>
   <DeletePreviousFile>true</DeletePreviousFile>
   <Enabled>true</Enabled>
   <FileHippoId>ccleaner</FileHippoId>
   <LastUpdated>2009-01-19T19:29:18.3420903</LastUpdated>

<PreviousLocation>c:\ccsetup_ABCD_215.exe</PreviousLocation>
   <DeletePreviousFile>true</DeletePreviousFile>
   <Enabled>true</Enabled>
   <FileHippoId>ccleaner</FileHippoId>
   <LastUpdated>2009-01-22T12:57:24.9161344</LastUpdated>

Edited by FranciscoR

Okay Flo... once again YOU were right... the scroll position NOT changing works better in the initial development of regular expressions as you can go to what you want to match and it stays put while you are copying & pasting the pieces of the regex together. SWEET!! :D BEST beta to date... YOU ROCK! ;)

Edited by CybTekSol

Okay Flo... once again YOU were right... the scroll position NOT changing works better in the initial development of regular expressions as you can go to what you want to match and it stays put while you are copying & pasting the pieces of the regex together. SWEET!! :D BEST beta to date... YOU ROCK! ;)
HOWEVER... a small weakness in this became apparent to me late last night when I was developing, tweaking and testing 'universal' regular expressions for a new site template... Whenever I am somewhat satisfied with my regex, I proceed to import the template repeatedly for at least 8 or 10 apps on the site for which I am developing the template. This particular site's hypertext had many long lines which made it VERY DIFFICULT to find the regex match in the 'Edit Variables' window. I believe this issue could be solved simply by adding 'Jump to match' Ctrl+J or something similar along with the existing 'Copy' and 'Copy match' right-click features that already exist which would center the regex match in the window. What do you think Flo... a reasonable solution? Edited by CybTekSol